On May 11, 2012, the Central Penn Business Journal will host the third annual Women of Influence event at the Hilton Harrisburg. This mid-day event features a networking session and luncheon where the Central Penn Business Journal’s 25 Women of Influence honorees are recognized.
Big congrats to Tammy Shearer for being selected! Here is what she had to say about receiving this award, “Being an active community partner is the most important part of my job. I am honored to be considered on the 25 Woman of Influence in Central Pennsylvania for 2012. There are so many impressive women on this year’s list – many are friends and colleagues. I am humbled by this recognition, and I look forward to the exciting road ahead.”
In order to be selected as a winner for Women of Influence event, a nomination must be submitted from either the nominee or nominator. There are several items required such as resume and a series of questions that must be submitted with the nomination form. A panel of judges review each nominee and, based on several different categories, they rate the nominees. The judges’ scores are tallied and the women with the highest scores are selected.
Here are some of the sample questions and the answers that Tammy provided on her nomination form.
Who do you consider to be your most influential female role model and why?
“My most influential female role model was my Grammy Meckes. She had 8 children and a full house at all times. She knew how to stretch a dollar, run a household with great efficiently while always making quality time for each of her children. She taught us self-respect and self-reliance. No matter what challenges she had to overcome in her life, she handled every day with grace, dignity and compassion.”
How do you keep a balance between your professional and personal life?
“I thrive on having a busy, full schedule. Learning to limit some of the “extras” and taking time for myself and my family is essential to my mental well-being…along with regular massages.”
What keeps you motivated?
“Life! There is so much to see, so much to do and so many experiences around every corner.”
Also recognized at the awards luncheon will be the recipients of three special recognition awards:
• Lifetime Achievement Award
Presented to a woman who has committed her life to making Central Pennsylvania a great place to work and live.
• Woman to Watch Award
Presented to a woman, age 30 or under, who is stepping up to help shape the Central Pennsylvania of tomorrow.
• Community Achievement Award
Presented to a woman who has dedicated a significant amount of time, energy and expertise to helping mid-state community organizations thrive.
Honorees will also be profiled in a special supplement to the May 18, 2012, issue of the Central Penn Business Journal where we will note the triumphs and challenges that have shaped their careers.
The 25 Women of Influence are:
- Josephine C. Ames, President & CEO of Ames Sales & Services, LTD.
- Jennifer L. Buehler, Senior Vice President – Investments Buehler Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Lori Daniels, Owner of Momentum, Inc.
- Donna Deerin Ward, Partner & Director of Development & Sales of LMS Commercial Real Estate
- Ann Dennison, Owner of Advanced Physical Therapy and Fitness
- Nancy Dering Mock, President of Nancy Dering, Inc.
- Carol Fastrich Aranos, Vice President of Marketing of AmeriChoice Federal Credit Union
- Deborah Diane Foust, Transportation Division Manager of Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Kerryn E. Fulton, P.E., Projects Administrator of C.S. Davidson, Inc.
- Susan Graham, President of Susan Graham Consulting
- Roberta Hoffman, Senior Vice President, Director of Human Resources Mid Penn Bank
- Nikki M. Hoffman, CPA, Director of Accounting & Auditing, Shareholder of Stambaugh Ness, PC
- Rebecca Howell Foote, Vice President, Mortgage Advisor of Foote Capital Mortgage Company & The Carlisle Vault
- Barbara Kauffman, President of Kauffman Creative Services Inc
- Janel Leymeister, Benefit Consultant and Partner of Conrad Siegel Actuaries
- L. Renee Lieux, Partner of Bybel Rutledge LLP
- Carly Mondschean, Director of Soccer Shots LLC
- Christine C. Neri, Group Vice President and Area Manager of M & T Bank
- Lynda Randall, Partner of New Level Advisors, LLC
- Diana L. Roberts, President & CEO of Hershey Federal Credit Union
- Pamela Schlosser, Harrisburg Managing Partner of PwC
- Gina Shaw, Vice President of Product Development of York Wallcoverings, Inc.
- Tammy Shearer, Vice President & Co-owner of Shearer Enterprises d/b/a The Camera Box
- Claudia M. Williams, Esq., Partner of Rhoads & Sinon LLP
- Debra Lynne Yates, Business Owner & Practice Administrator of Skin Rejuvenation & Laser Center at Plastic Surgery Center, Ltd.
Jennifer K. Engle, Owner/Principal of jke marketing & communications
Women to Watch:
Lindsay S. Bixler, Manager, Audit & Accounting Services of ParenteBeard, LLC
Lifetime Achievement Award:
Mary Webber, Owner of Webber Associates
Do you know any of these women? Be sure to give them a big shout-out from Tammy!